Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello and a new recipe to try

I just want to say, "hello" to all of the readers of my cooking blog. Hi Mom, Paula B., Tracy, Rachel, Cynt, Paula H., Jen..and anyone else who comes here for ideas. I feel the excitement and it spurs me on to keep posting.

I will admit that I do lose interest in cooking sometimes...but then I get hungry again and so I cook!

I found a new recipe today that I have to share. If you like avocados...this one is for you!

Avocado Salsa Fiesta

4 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped
4 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 red onion, minced
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, stems discarded
4 jalapeno peppers, minced (I used one for less heat)
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn

Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate approximately 2 hours or more. Serve as a dip with chips or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken, fish, Mexican entrees, or as a side-dish salad.


I can't wait to dig into this one with my tortilla chips!

1 comment:

TacCom said...

I ain't no cook in the kitchen. I have the eating job and BOY do I love my work !!

Peace out.