Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pasta!

Imagine this....fresh pasta...homemade...with ingredients you definitely have on hand! It's the easiest meal ever!
As you know, I received a pasta machine for my birthday. I let it sit on the pantry counter for a few days....fear of the unknown, I guess! Finally I got up the courage and took it out.
The recipe for pasta? 2 eggs and 2 cups of regular flour...maybe a couple of tablespoons of water if it's too dry and crumbly....
When all was said and done...I REALLY enjoyed making homemade pasta! It was SO much fun! I can't wait to do it again. I will be attempting to make my own ravioli.

(Having the pasta machine is an added plus...but you can make it without one...although, it would take a bit more effort.)

Pasta sheets drying on my clothes rack:


Cranking out the real thing:

Only three minutes until dinner!

My finished pasta:

4 comments:

Rachel Beth said...

how much was your pasta maker? do you mind me asking? :)

Susan Elizabeth said...

Hi Girl!! My pasta maker was a gift....but it was on my Amazon wishlist for a LONG time and so, I know the cost: 63.00

I LOVE it! I am going to be attempting Lobster Ravioli...per TacCom's request. (boy, he has expensive taste!)

Susan Elizabeth said...

p.s. did you buy your scallops yet?!

Rachel Beth said...

Haha no kidding! My husband's a big fan of lobster... I better not show him that post if it makes it on here. Only $63?? I would have expected more! If I had room in my kitchen it might make it on my Christmas list. Haha!

Haven't bought the scallops yet. I just recently heard of a local fish shop that might have a good deal so I'll have to check it out!