Thursday, September 16, 2010

Baked Polenta

5 cups water
1 cup coarse-ground yellow cornmeal
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (I used a part of a pepper, so as to not make it too spicy.)
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

In a large pot, bring water to a boil, add salt. Whisk cornmeal into boiling water. Cook on very low until thickened and tender for about 15 minutes, stirring often. Add pepper, cheese, butter, and salt. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour polenta into baking dish and bake 45 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.

Serve with pasta sauce, if desired.

1 comment:

The Boisverts said...

salivating. first it was the pumpkin muffins, now the polenta...I'm going to have to log out of here asap so I'm not tempted to go stuff my face with something so late at night! :) YUM YUM YUM. Can't wait to try some of these recipes!