Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pork Pie recipe

Here is the recipe for my pork pie. I don't think it was clearly stated in the video, so I will post it here for easier reference.

Pork Pie

1 stick butter
1 onion minced
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk or cream (depending on how rich you want it to be)
3 cups cooked, finely chopped pork
2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped small
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
1 teaspoon salt
1 double crust recipe for pie crust. (found HERE )


~Melt butter in a large pan and add onion; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to blend, cooking over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly; cook continuing to stir, until the sauce is thick and smooth.
~Add the pork, apple, lemon juice and rosemary. Stir to blend and heat through. (low heat)
~Pour into a 13x9 baking dish.
~Prepare pie crust, rolling out in one piece to cover baking dish. Prick with fork.
~Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Great for lunch leftovers the next day! Heat slowly on medium temp in microwave oven.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE PORK PIE!!!!!!

Rachel Beth said...

I can't wait to try this one!!! I hope David likes it, because I have a feeling this will be one of my favorites!

"pusno" was my word verification... really? that sounds like a skin condition.

Paula said...

Dearest, this was AWESOME!!!
I finally made your famous pork pie. I have to admit, never having it before, the first night I served it I was thinking it was "different". The next night I had leftovers and I thought "WOW!!!" I guess I just had to get familiar with the blendings of the ingredients, and I will be making it again. Thanks!!! I even gave my friend your blog address to look it up. xox Paula