So, the skills I have in the kitchen are very limited, but I am always learning something new and always adding new ideas to my collection. One thing I have learned recently is that ALL leftovers can be used! I try not to waste anything, as it is very expensive to feed a family of six. You will see me use one cut of meat for two meals, at the very least. For instance, Pot Roast leftovers can be turned into a very rich hash, that when served with biscuits and a salad is a very satisfying meal that my family loves.
The following pictures are of tonight's meal. I had 3 pieces of lunchmeat left...not enough for all the kids to have sandwiches...so, I used them to make my version of a stromboli. (cold cuts rolled up inside pizza dough)
Also, remember the Chicken Cacciatori I had last night for dinner? Well, there was a bit left, but not enough for a meal...so, I took the rest of it and used it on my pizza. You can see from the last picture that it was a success. (actually, the pizza with the most on it is usually the favorite one in this house.)
Remember, I'm just another amateur chef...it's my family who makes me feel like I'm a successful restaurant owner!
2 comments:
Again, I love this blog! You are inspiring me to try new things - I've been so bored with cooking lately. Thanks Suki!
awesome ideas! I esp love the idea w/the lunchmeat...that happens to me all the time, w/only a few slices left and not sure what to do w/them other than roll them up and munch on them!
Post a Comment