A comfort food for sure! I serve my meatloaf with mushroom gravy. So yummy on the mashed potatoes!
1 Cup sliced mushrooms
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons flour
2 Cups beef broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
~Melt butter in large saucepan; add mushrooms and flour. Cook for one minute.
~Slowly add broth, stirring constantly. Thicken and bring to boil. Boil for one minute. Add seasonings.
9 comments:
Looks so good! I wonder, since I can't use stock for health reasons, maybe I could use the mushroom juice from canned mushrooms? I guess it couldn't hurt to try (unless, that is, you have a better suggestion?)
Do you mean store bought stock? Would you be able to use homemade stock? There are many recipes out there for making beef stock with beef bones, carrots and onions. No MSG at all. (I think that's what you are avoiding, right?) You could make your own and have it in frozen increments for use in these kinds of recipes.
As many times as I've made and frozen chicken stock, I've never made beef stock. We never buy bone-in meat, but I have seen bones for sale (daaah, now I know why they sell them!). Thanks for the idea.
Groovy
Gravy :)
LOVE it Paula!! You sure are witty!!
It runs in the family :)
xox
I'm planning my menu for this coming week's meals and I'm currently jotting down ideas from your site here! Thanks so much!
So glad this has been helpful! I love new recipes, too...always got my eye out for new ones to add to the cookbook...
Post a Comment