Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chocolate Cake

Here is a recipe for a delicious chocolate cake that I have used for many years. I originally got it from my sister, who would make this for her daughter who had milk allergies. It is very simple to make and it is egg-less, butter-less, milk-free and completely yummy!

1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons (good)cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 cup cold water

~Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 9 inch round cake pan.
~Sift dry ingredients.
~Add oil, vanilla, vinegar.
~Pour cold water over all and mix well.

Bake for 35-40 minutes.
280 calories per serving, eight servings.

I like to dust this cake with powdered sugar to keep the calorie count low...you can also glaze it or frost it.
Double to make a two layer cake.

Look how black with chocolate it is!! It tastes as rich as it looks! Imagine this with a rich white icing....oh ya.

No comments: