Friday, September 24, 2010

Pumpkin muffins


I would have posted pictures of the actual muffins, but they are no longer available for documentation!! So, you'll just have to make these and see for yourself how amazing they are! (especially this time of year with a morning cup of coffee!)

Pumpkin Muffins

1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree' (fresh or canned)
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

~Spray 12 muffin baking pan with non-stick cooking oil.
~In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, brown and white sugars, eggs and vanilla.
~Beat until well blended
~In a smaller bowl, combine all dry ingredients, including nuts. Blend well.
~Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
~Stir only until blended. Do not overmix!
~Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
~Bake for 25 minutes.
~Cool for one minute, remove from pan.

(150 calories per muffin)

*Variation: You can bake this batter in a 13x9 greased pan and drizzle with a glaze for a more dessert-ish type result. Very good either way! (bake for 30 minutes, or until done)

2 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Guess which boys are eating the yummiest muffins we've ever had?! Sue, they're really divine! Thanks for sharing the recipe here~ I plan on making these a LOT!

(I have a nasty cold; can't wait to try them when I can fully taste again~if they're this good now...oh boy!!)

Susan Elizabeth said...

This is actually a zucchini muffin recipe that I modified.

I LOVE hearing that your boys (and you) are enjoying the muffins!