Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken

Put 4-6lb whole chicken in crockpot. Place 1/2 cup of chopped onion inside of chicken cavity. Rub 2 Tablespoons butter OR oil on the skin. Squeeze juice from one lemon over chicken and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 2 Tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. (I don't see why you couldn't oven-roast this chicken. It would be just as yummy that way!


After 8 hours in the crockpot, the meat is just falling off the bones...I did drain the juices before taking this picture. You can cool the juice, skim the fat and use it for soup or gravy.


My dinner plate:


Coming soon: Asian steamed dumplings

1 comment:

Paula said...

My stomach is growling!!!!
I've always intended to try cooking a roaster in the crock pot, but never did it yet. Now I will, thanks to you!