In slow cooker, layer 3 sliced onions, 4 skinned chicken thighs, 2 skinned chicken breasts, 5 cloves chopped garlic, 1 28oz can chopped plum tomatoes, 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth. Cook on low for 6 hours.
At the end of the cooking time, add 20-25 roughly chopped pitted kalamata olives and one Tablespoon dried basil. (or a bunch of fresh basil, roughly chopped)
Serve with vermicelli. The flavors are fantastic!
DESSERT~MARTHA WASHINGTON CAKE
Make Dinette cake recipe. (Recipe follows) Slice into two layers with a long bread knife.
Place on serving platter, spread 1/2 cup of strawberry or seedless raspberry jam over bottom half.
Replace top half.
Glaze with any simple vanilla glaze.
Enjoy! (TacCom's favorite dessert!)
Dinette Cake
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup softened butter
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a one round 8 inch cake pan. Mix all ingredients together until very smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack. Follow above directions to assemble Martha Washington Cake.
5 comments:
oh my! I may have to either print out these pages somehow to add to my recipe collection, or sit with the laptop on the counter as I cook, b/c these recipes are awesome! I already ate dinner (homemade chicken soup), which was yummy, but, after seeing this I'm hungry all over again! Nice job!
I meant REALLY --Nice job! haaa! NOT sarcastically, like, "Nice job, you made me hungry again!" haaa!
This cacciatori recipe is new to me...I always love finding something new that the family loves. It's something to add to the files, for sure! Makes things more interesting, too.
Thanks Jen!
I've never made chicken cacciatori but remember it from school lunches. I will have to give this a try, it looks great! Hey, did't you at one time make the Martha Washington cake with powdered sugar on top instead of a glaze?
Some of my family likes the powdered sugar and some like the glaze...it all depends on who's in the kitchen at the time to tell me what to do! (whipped cream is TacCom's favorite topping...)
I don't remember cacciatori for school lunches...but we did make it in culinary arts at the voc school. That was my first exposure to this dish...and I loved it!
Post a Comment