Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yes, I DO cook because I LOVE to eat!

That doesn't mean that what I cook is always tasty! I have been a cook since a very early age. As a young girl, I watched my mom cook and bake most of our meals from scratch. She baked our bread and made amazing tomato sauce, she baked cookies and a chocolate cake I will never forget. I watched and learned...

However, my positive cooking experiences didn't truly begin until I had my family of six to feed. After I got married, being used to all home prepared foods, I went in the complete opposite direction and bought all ready made food for Paul and me. I must have felt like I was missing something special, so I served all microwave meals and store bought baked goods.

Well, it didn't take long to realize that home-cooked is 100% better tasting, cheaper and that much better nutrionally, too! I realized that even though it might look like it's more difficult to make home-cooked and it might take just a little bit longer to prepare...it is well worth the end result. And, as it turns out, the family is much happier when I pull a (from scratch) pork pie out of the oven than when we order Dominoes pizza!!


And so, I begin documenting my own recipes here on this blog...sometimes it will only be pictures and sometimes I will post the actual recipe. I hope you enjoy what I prepare and can someday join us here at our table!





2 comments:

Paula said...

I copy Tracy: COOL!

Susan Elizabeth said...

Glad you approve! I agree, it will be fun! I will be posting up a storm!